MultipleCloud has established an Acceptable Usage Policy in order to make these duties and responsibilities more clear. This document is intended to provide a general understanding of MultipleCloud's Acceptable Usage Policy. Client agree to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy outlined in this agreement to ensure reliable of MultipleCloud service:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
If client's account is used to violate the Acceptable Usage Policy, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice and you agree to indemnify MultipleCloud and its affiliates against any claims threatened or brought by third parties as a result of your violation of this Acceptable Usage Policy and/or the content of your website. We prefer to advise clients of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action. However, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Usage Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time. In general, you may NOT use your account:
- In a manner which violates any law, regulation, treaty or tariff;
- In a manner which violates the rules, regulations and policies of any network, server, web site, database or service provider that you access through your MultipleCloud account;
- In a manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive or deceptive;
- To threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others;
- To damage the name or reputation of MultipleCloud, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries;
- To break security on any computer network, or to access an account which does not belong to you; or
- In a manner which interferes with other customers' use and enjoyment of the services provided by MultipleCloud.
MultipleCloud reserves sole discretion to determine whether any use of the service is a violation of this policy. Guidelines for using your account follows. This information is only a guideline, and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Spamming: Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages/email over the Internet (known as "spamming") is prohibited, regardless of whether or not it overloads a server or disrupts service to MultipleCloud's clients. The term "spamming" also includes, but is not limited to, maintaining an open SMTP policy, engaging in spamming using the service of another ISP and referencing in the spam a web site hosted on a MultipleCloud server, and selling or distributing software (on a web site residing on a MultipleCloud server) that facilitates spamming. Violators will be assessed a minimum fine of $200 and will face immediate termination. MultipleCloud reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Spamvertising: Hosting or otherwise providing access to information referenced in a SPAM email is strictly prohibited. This includes websites directly or indirectly linked in the body of a SPAM message and company names, services, and products advertised in SPAM email. Even if the SPAM message was not sent by the subscriber hosting the advertised website, web page, or company information.
Copyright Violations: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") sets forth the law regarding the use of copyrighted materials on the Internet. All MultipleCloud clients are subject to the requirements of the DMCA. Individuals or entities submitting notifications of copyright infringement by a MultipleCloud client (per the DMCA) to MultipleCloud must follow the below procedures. We will give no more than 24 hours notice for clients to look into and comply with DMCA takedown request. Clients who are the subject of a DMCA notification that meets the below criteria may be subject to account termination at MultipleCloud's sole discretion.
Illegal Activity: Any activity on our network that is a violation of any state or federal law is a violation of this policy and will result in immediate termination of service. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Transmitting obscene materials, pornography, hate speech or similar material
- Intentionally spreading or threatening to spread computer viruses
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any network, including MultipleCloud's private network infrastructure
- Accessing or attempting to access information not intended for you
- Transmitting pirated software
- Conducting or participating in illegal gambling
- Soliciting for pyramid and other illegal schemes
- Providing instruction on how to assemble bombs, grenades, and other weapons, and creating "crush" sites
- Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Warez and Warez linking/Torrents/P2P network is strictly forbidden in US due to copyright laws. Any accounts found having either will be terminated or suspended with or without notice.
- Phishing of any entity, including, but not limited to: eBay, PayPal, banks, government agencies, etc.
- Attempting to hack/crack into someone elses account This includes, but is not limited to, brute force or dictionary attacks via FTP, SSH, the Web Control Panel, or any other means of login; using this server as a launchpad to hack into another server, etc.
- Intentionally Causing a Denial of Service.
- Running any kind of IRC client/server is not allowed.
- Running any kind of proxy script is result in termination of service.
- Distribution of Internet Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities
- Exporting encryption software over the Internet or otherwise, to points outside the United States
- Attempts to share or store software that is not of legal means will be removed immediately without notice
- Postings content from newsgroups which violates the AUP.
Offensive Content: You cannot transmit/publish any content on MultipleCloud server that include, but are not limited to:
- Unfair or deceptive under the laws of consumer protection prevailing in any jurisdiction. This includes chain letters and misleading pyramid schemes.
- Defamatory or violates the privacy of an individual
- A risk to the health or safety of any individual poses a risk to safety or health of the public, compromises national security or interferes, in any way, with an investigation carried out by a law enforcement agency.
- Material or data that exposes trade secrets or other similar confidential or proprietary information of another individual.
- Focused towards helping others in defeating technical copyright protections
- Infringes upon an individual's trademark, service mark, patent or any other similar property right that is guarded by law.
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws of any jurisdiction, associates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking
- Pornographic or adult content
- High Yield Investment Plans or Ponzi schemes with the intent to defraud end users are illegal and not allowed on the network.
- Otherwise prohibited by laws that may be applicable to you or to MultipleCloud
- Otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against MultipleCloud by offended viewers.
MultipleCloud reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene or threatening is prohibited and will be removed from our servers with or without notice.
Server Resources: Excessive use or abuse of these shared resources by one client which have a negative impact on all other clients. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account. You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including, but are not limited to CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other clients or the performance of MultipleCloud systems or networks. MultipleCloud reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities at sole discretion.
Any scripts that pose a potential security risk or are deemed to be adversely affecting server performance or network integrity will be shut down or will be automatically removed without prior notice.
Bandwidth Usage: You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable Usage Policy latest on: 15/06/2011